Prepare your family business for a smooth and conflict free succession.
Master the 5 most difficult conversations that disrupt a business.
The 5 Critical Succession Conversations: A Comprehensive Guide for The Family Business helps every family in business:
- Pass the business from owner to heir smoothly and successfully while keeping the family in tact
- Avoid making assumptions about the each other’s intentions.
- Consider the needs of both the business and family
- Anticipate the potentially difficult conversations in a business handover
- “The decision to accept or steer away from accepting a leadership role in the family business should never be assumed, go unvoiced… the successor must understand and gracefully deal with the effects of their choice.”
- “Most failed transitions are a result of a breakdown in communication within the family or inadequately prepared heirs.”
- “The first step in a succession should be to open a dialogue between the current owner and the intended successor. The seeds of succession are sown in this conversation where the owner leader invites a potential successor to gauge interest, passion, and aptitude.”