The I Need More Support Conversation Guide helps family business successors ask for additional support from the owner or others while being taken seriously in the role. This conversation guide helps the successor:
- Navigate informal channels that may be hurting his/her efforts.
- Get help identifying gaps in his/her knowledge or skills.
- Overcome imposter syndrome or real under-qualification for the role.
Need more support as a new successor? This Conversation Guide provides guidance that is:
- crafted by an organizational psychologist to address issues realistically and practically so users do not have to figure the steps out by themselves;
- step by step highlighting the main considerations that should be covered in this important conversation; and
- provides dual perspective of both owner and successor – helping each party see what the other may be considering.
Ready to overcome barriers to settling into the new role as as successor? Have the conversation. Your business and family may depend on it.