The I Need More Freedom to Operate Conversation Guide helps family business successors avoid stress and conflict when asking for more freedom to operate from the owner or others in their new role. This conversation guide helps the successor:
- Make the past owner aware of his/her restrictive presence.
- Stop the past owner making decisions that are the successor’s to make or undermining the successor.
Need more freedom to operate as a successor? This Conversation Guide provides guidance that is:
- crafted by an organizational psychologist to address issues realistically and practically so users do not have to figure the steps out by themselves;
- step by step highlighting the main considerations that should be covered in this important conversation; and
- provides dual perspective of both owner and successor – helping each party see what the other may be considering.
Ready to manage issues related to the reality of life during and after the succession transition? Have the conversation. Your business and family may depend on it.