This Choosing From Many Potential Successors Conversation Guide helps family business owners avoid disagreements in the family while selecting a successor from a field of many potential candidates.
As owner, you may need to select a successor from many potential candidates. This conversation guide helps the owner:
- Fairly involve all interested successors regardless of closeness to each potential candidate.
- Select a leader from multiple potential successor candidates.
- Deal with conflict among succession candidates.
- Deal with unqualified or under-qualified candidates.
Deciding on a successor from many candidates? This Conversation Guide provides guidance that is:
- crafted by an organizational psychologist to address issues realistically and practically so users do not have to figure the steps out by themselves;
- step by step highlighting the main considerations that should be covered in this important conversation; and
- provides dual perspective of both owner and successor – helping each party see what the other may be considering.
Ready to narrow your field of potential successors? Have the conversation. Your business and family may depend on it.