The Your Vision Will Kill My Business Conversation Guide helps family business owners manage change while avoiding conflict and disruption in the business and family. A business owner may be resistant to changing ways of operating during and or after a succession transition. This conversation guide helps a business owner and successor:
- Understand the successor’s motivations for changing how things are done.
- Deal with sensitivities the owner may have regarding their legacy.
- Decide on the amount of creative freedom that a successor should have and how soon.
Outgoing owner resistant to changing ways of operating during and or after the transition? This Conversation Guide provides guidance that is:
- crafted by an organizational psychologist to address issues realistically and practically so users do not have to figure the steps out by themselves;
- step by step highlighting the main considerations that should be covered in this important conversation; and
- provides dual perspective of both owner and successor – helping each party see what the other may be considering.
Ready to manage the resistance to change? Have the conversation. Your business and family may depend on it.